Entries are now open for the 2013 Intellectual Property Law Graduate Essay Competition!
Thomson Reuters and the General Editor of the Australian Intellectual Property Journal are excited to announce that the prize will run again this year after receiving a range of fantastic contributions to the 2011 and 2012 competitions.
Entries will undergo review by a judging panel that includes the Honourable Mr William Gummow AC and the winner will take home $1,000 and have their article published in the Australian Intellectual Property Journal!
Who Can Enter?
Any person in Australia or overseas currently undertaking graduate law study or a person who has undertaken graduate law study any time since 1 January 2010.
What to write about?
Any topic (having relevance to Australia) relating to intellectual property.
Essays will be judged by three members of the Journal’s Advisory Board:
- the Honourable Mr William Gummow AC
- Professor Sam Ricketson, Melbourne University
- Ann Dufty, founding Editor of the Australian Intellectual Property Journal
The winner will be awarded a $1,000 cash prize from Thomson Reuters. The winning article, together with any other essays receiving a strong commendation from the judging panel, will also be published within a special Part of the Australian Intellectual Property Journal .
- Submissions should be approximately 5,000-10,000 words in length and be written in accord with the style guide at: http://sites.thomsonreuters.com.au/journals/submit-article/submission-requirements/.
- Entries are only valid if written by a person currently undertaking graduate law study or a person who has undertaken graduate law study any time since 1 January 2010 (graduate law study entails course work master of laws, course work graduate diploma in law, a law research higher degree or a juris doctor).
- The essay must be an original work that has not been previously published elsewhere.
Essays must be received by COB 30 November 2013.
The winner will be notified by email before 31 January 2014 and the article will be published in 2014.
How to Enter
Simply email your essay and a short bio to LTA.email@example.com and include “AIPJ Essay Competition” in the subject line.
For further information
Leave a comment below or check out some further information here.