*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU. If you are still using Legal Online, the links can be found in the LOLA PDF at the bottom of this post.
NB: Please note that Legal Online will be decommissioned on 31 December 2013. From January 2014, all updates will include links for Westlaw AU only (with the exception of the Journals available on Checkpoint, which will have an extra PDF). For further information, please click here.
The latest issue of the The Queensland Lawyer (Volume 33 Part 4) contains the following material:
Provocation and assault: Retain, reform, or repeal ss 268 and 269 of Queensland’s Criminal Code? – Andreas Schloenhardt and Eloise Gluer
Queensland is one of the few jurisdictions in which provocation is recognised as a complete defence to offences of which assault is an element. Many see this defence as an archaic means of condoning violent conduct that is unacceptable in modern society, while others view it as an appropriate leniency for human emotions. This article explores and outlines the background, evolution, and rationale of the defence of provocation, analyses its application and elements, and discusses the pros and cons of retaining, reforming, or repealing ss 268-270 of the Criminal Code (Qld).
CONVEYANCING AND PROPERTY LAW – Dr Bill Dixon
- Misleading and deceptive conduct at an auction
CRIMINAL LAW – Andrew West
- Particulars in the criminal jurisdiction
HEALTH AND GUARDIANSHIP LAW – Dr Malcolm K Smith
- The decision of X v The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network  NSWCA 320: Mature minors and the refusal of blood products
INDUSTRIAL LAW – Dr Kristy Richardson
- Publication of a record of no conviction: DHG v Queensland  QSC 89
TORT LAW – Amanda Stickley
- Vulnerability held not to be a necessary prerequisite for establishing a duty of care in claims of pure economic loss
BOOK REVIEWS – Judge Michael Shanahan DCJ
- Australian Medical Liability by Bill Madden and Janine McIlwraith – Suki Bloom
- Corporate Information and the Law by Leif Gamertsfelder – Sarah Ford
- Law of Torts by Rosalie P Balkin and Jim LR Davis – Rachel Tierney
- Traffıcking in Persons in Australia: Myths and Realities by Andreas Schloenhardt and Jarrod Jolly – Ricky Tsoi
REPORT – Federal Circuit Court Judge Michael Jarrett
- Peebles v Cross (Professions and trades)