*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU. If you are still using Legal Online, the links can be found in the LOLA PDF at the bottom of this post.
NB: Please note that Legal Online will be decommissioned on 31 December 2013. From January 2014, all updates will include links for Westlaw AU only (with the exception of the Journals available on Checkpoint, which will have an extra PDF). For further information, please click here.
The latest issue of the Workplace Review (Volume 4 Part 3) contains the following material:
Here, Peter Hampton recounts the interesting story of Arthur Seaforth Blackburn VC CMG, CBE, ED, a man who served in both World Wars with distinction, and then went on to be a Conciliation Commissioner in the Commonwealth Court of Conciliation and Arbitration, a predecessor to the Fair Work Commission.
Is your brand protected from the dangers of social media? – Deanna Oberdan
Employers need to take measures that safeguard their business against potential loss and damage through social media. 98
Workplace bullying amendments: The Fair Work Amendment Act 2013 – Shane Wescott and Neil Napper
Come 1 January 2014 employers will be required to act pre-emptively to ensure their employees are not bullied at work. This article discusses the background to these important workplace bullying changes.
From 1 January 2014, the Fair Work Commission will for the first time have specific jurisdiction to hear applications by workers seeking orders to stop alleged workplace bullying under amendments to the Fair Work Act 2009.
- Validity of regulatory complaints – Geraldine Dann
- A perpetual call to the pursuit of justice: Why the Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG is Australia’s leading legal icon – by Azadeh Khalilizadeh
- Bullying: The implications of a changing legal and regulatory landscape – Michael Tooma and Lana Bank
- Let’s talk about sex baby: Recent amendments to the Sex Discrimination Act – Elizabeth Raper and Mehar Gaven
- Standing On My Own Two Feet – Reviewed by Cameron Nichol
- A wrap up of workplace relations news, events and decisions – Jeffrey Phillips SC