*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU.
NB: Please note that Legal Online will be decommissioned on 31 December 2013. From now on, all updates will include links for Westlaw AU only (with the exception of the Journals available on Checkpoint, which will have an extra PDF). For further information, please click here.
The latest issue of the Australian Journal of Competition and Consumer Law (Volume 21 Part 4) contains the following material:
- The perils of alleging unconscionability
Part IIIA – the current state of play – Verity Quinn and Rosannah Healy
This article looks at the current state of Pt IIIA of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the benefits of Australia having a national third party access regime. It includes a brief history of the regime and recent developments. Focusing largely on declaration, the article includes a discussion of the recent High Court and Australian Competition Tribunal decisions regarding applications to declare various iron ore railways in the Pilbara. It concludes with the authors’ view of the key benefits brought about by having a national third party access regime in place.
- Business as usual? Implications of the Pilbara decision for access to gas pipeline facilities – Thomas Kaldor and David Mierendorff
- Resolving business to business disputes: A new specific role for mandatory industry codes of conduct – Frank Zumbo
- Where the cure ends up worse than the disease: Vaccines and the implied warranty as to merchantability – Bernard McCabe
- Energy network regulation: Consumers in focus – Andrew Reeves
- Australian infrastructure regulation – A business perspective – Simon Pryor
- Modernisation of the European union trade defence system – reform de jure and de facto – Laurent Ruessmann and Jochen Beck
- The Supreme Court decision on pay for delay: An economic perspective – Christopher Pleatsikas
- Regulation of distant trading in Russia – Julia Borisova
For the pdf version of the table of contents, click here: WAU – AJCCL Vol 21 Pt 4 Contents.