*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU.
NB: Please note that all updates will include links for Westlaw AU only (with the exception of the Journals available on Checkpoint, which will have an extra PDF). For further information, please click here.
The latest issue of the The Queensland Lawyer (Volume 34 Part 1) contains the following material:
Section 180 of the Property Law Act 1974 (Qld) makes provision for an applicant to seek a statutory right of use over a neighbour’s property where such right of use is reasonably necessary in the interests of effective use in any reasonable manner of the dominant land. In recent years, the Queensland courts have been confronted with a number of such applications. Litigation has also been common in New South Wales which has a statutory provision in largely similar terms. This article seeks to identify those factors that have underpinned successful applications, the obstacles that an applicant may encounter and the considerations that have guided the courts when considering the associated issues of compensation and costs.
CONVEYANCING AND PROPERTY LAW – Dr Bill Dixon
- The cost of changing your mind!
CRIMINAL LAW – Andrew West
- Impermissible submissions on sentence
HEALTH AND GUARDIANSHIP LAW – Dr Malcolm Smith
- Posthumous conception in South Australia: The case continues in Re H, AE (No 3)  SASC 196
INDUSTRIAL LAW – Dr Kristy Richardson
- Racial taunts and bullying and harassment in the workplace
TORT LAW – Amanda Stickley
- Hospital’s failure to detain patient was necessary condition of the harm
BOOK REVIEWS – Judge Michael Shanahan DCJ
- Legal Practice and Ethics by Marlene Ebejer – Dr Rosemary Robins
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal by Dennis Pearce – Jason Dudley
- Principles of Australian Constitutional Law by Patrick Keyzer – James Penrose
REPORTS – Federal Circuit Court Judge Michael Jarrett
- Moores v Pearce (Criminal law)
For the pdf version of the table of contents, click here: WAU – Qld Lawyer Vol 34 Pt 1 Contents.