*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU.
NB: Please note that all updates will include links for Westlaw AU only (with the exception of the Journals available on Checkpoint, which will have an extra PDF). For further information, please click here.
The latest issue of the Workplace Review (Volume 5 Part 1) contains the following material:
Anti-bullying update – interim report card – Shane Wescott and Neil Napper
The Fair Work Commission’s (FWC) new anti-bullying jurisdiction has been up and running for four months now. The feared resource-straining flood of claims has not materialised and relatively few decisions have been published. While there is still considerable uncertainty surrounding the operation of the jurisdiction, recent decisions indicate the FWC will take a broad approach to considering and resolving disputes and that orders may be made that affect intimate details of the employment relationship.
Whether employees could lawfully strike without a majority support determination was called into question in a series of cases involving JJ Richards and the New South Wales Branch of the Transport Workers’ Union. This article considers these determinations, their practical implications and the way forward for employers and employees, in light of the finding that such determinations are not a precondition to employees striking lawfully.
- A different approach to reasonable notice – Rick Manuel
- The contract says “no!”: Judicial restraint in the area of denied contractual benefits claims – Duncan Fletcher
- Setting a global example: Michael Tooma and the evolution of occupational health and safety law – by Azadeh Khalilizadeh
- Denman Chambers, Sydney
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- “The Red Mass”, St Marys Cathedral, Sydney
- Roderick Pitt Meagher QC and Zoe Howard in front of the Queen Victoria statue, Queen’s Square, Sydney
- The implied duty of trust and confidence: The trojan horse or a long-awaited revolution? – Victoria Lambropoulos
- Miscellany of the legal world – Jeffrey Phillips SC
For the pdf version of the table of contents, click here: WAU – WR Vol 5 Pt 1 Contents.