*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU.
The latest issue of the Building and Construction Law Journal (Volume 30 Part 5) contains the following material:
- Construction law
- Standard forms of contract in the Australian construction industry: How are they being used? – John Sharkey AM, Matthew Bell and Wayne Jocic
Kratos unbound? The new IAMA Arbitration Rules – Reece Allen and Roger Quick
Domestic commercial arbitration in Australia has in recent years been in a serious decline. However, recent reforms, including the implementation of the UNCITRAL Model Law via the State Commercial Arbitration Acts, are intended to breathe new life into domestic commercial arbitration. In that context, the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia (IAMA) recently introduced new IAMA Arbitration Rules that apply from 2 May 2014. Based on the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, the new IAMA Arbitration Rules implement key changes in procedure, speed and costs. This article comments on the new IAMA Arbitration Rules and considers whether they will enliven domestic commercial arbitration.
- Romaldi Constructions Pty Ltd v Adelaide Interior Linings Pty Ltd (No 2)
- Metier 3 Pty Ltd v Enwerd Pty Ltd
- Beyfield Pty Ltd v Northbuild Construction Sunshine Coast Pty Ltd
- Alliance Contracting Pty Ltd v James
For the pdf version of the table of contents, click here: WAU – BCL Vol 30 Pt 5 Contents.