*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU.
The latest issue of the The Queensland Lawyer (Volume 34 Part 3) contains the following material:
COMMERCIAL LAW – Dr Clive Turner
- The effectiveness of a donee’s signature on a contract of guarantee under a power of attorney in binding the donor to the contract: Nielsen v Capital Finance Australia Ltd  QCA 139 – Dr Clive Turner
CONVEYANCING AND PROPERTY LAW – Dr Bill Dixon
- Compensation sought for an improper caveat – Dr Bill Dixon
- Black Diamond Group Pty Ltd v Manor of Maluka Pty Ltd  QSC 219 – Adam Khan
CRIMINAL LAW – Andrew West
- Aboriginality and deprived backgrounds as factors in sentencing – AM West
HEALTH AND GUARDIANSHIP LAW – Dr Malcolm Smith
- Guardianship and administration application in the matter of MDC  QCAT 338 – Dr Malcolm Smith
INDUSTRIAL LAW – Dr Kristy Richardson
- Goldsborough v Bentley  QSC 141: Direction of the coroner to answer a question relating to the decision not to prosecute – Dr Kristy Richardson
This article reviews the nature and purpose of s 129 of the Property Law Act 1974 (Qld) whose application has given rise to some confusion in the past, particularly where the lessee against whom it is being used is also in breach of the lease at the time of receiving the notice. The article explores the historical origins of the section, firstly in New South Wales where it was enacted in 1930, and attempts to outline modern circumstances where it may be applied or particularly applied in Queensland.
BOOK REVIEWS – Judge Michael Shanahan
- Australian Anti-discrimination Law by Neil Rees, Simon Rice and Dominique Allan – by Frances Sanders
- Social Work in the Shadow of Law by Simon Rice and Andrew Day – by Jessica Dale
REPORT – Federal Circuit Court Judge Michael Jarrett
- Madsen v Pope (Procedure, Equity, Limitation of actions)
For the pdf version of the table of contents, click here: WAU – Qld Lawyer Vol 34 Pt 3 Contents.