*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU.
The latest issue of the The Queensland Lawyer (Volume 34 Part 4) contains the following material:
CONVEYANCING AND PROPERTY LAW – Dr Bill Dixon
- Mortgagee’s failure to take reasonable care to sell at market value
CRIMINAL LAW – Andrew West
- Imprisoning juveniles
HEALTH AND GUARDIANSHIP LAW – Dr Malcolm Smith
- The High Court of Australia refuses to impose a duty of care upon a health authority to the family members of a person killed by a discharged patient with a mental illness
INDUSTRIAL LAW – Dr Kristy Richardson
- Is there an implied term of mutual trust and confidence in employment contracts?
Major changes to property law in Queensland – Bill Dixon
From 1 December 2014 a number of major changes were made to property law in Queensland with the simultaneous commencement of the Land Sales and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2014 (Qld) and the Property Occupations Act 2014 (Qld). This article examines these changes, their rationale and their implications for practice.
BOOK REVIEWS – Judge Michael Shanahan DCJ
- Queensland Evidence Law – David Field – reviewed by Bianca Kabel
- Professional Responsibility and Legal Ethics in Queensland – Stephen Corones, Nigel Stobbs and Mark Thomas – reviewed by Vivian Rossi-Price
- Commercial Trusts – Nuncio D’Angelo – reviewed by Daniel Welsh
- R v Milat: A Case Study in Cross Examination – Dan Howard – reviewed by Luke Gollan
- Foundations of International Criminal Law – G Niemann – reviewed by Carl Tessmann
REPORTS – Federal Circuit Court Judge Michael Jarrett
For the pdf version of the table of contents, click here: Qld Lawyer Vol 34 Pt 4 Contents.