*Please note that the links to the content in this Part will direct you to Westlaw AU.
To purchase an article, please email: LTA.Service@thomsonreuters.com or contact us on 1300 304 195 (Australian customers) or +61 2 8587 7980 (international customers) during business hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm AST).
The latest issue of the The Queensland Lawyer (Volume 37 Part 2) contains the following material:
CONVEYANCING AND PROPERTY LAW – Dr Bill Dixon
- Body Corporate Caretaker Disputes – Gavin Handran and Maxwell Walker
CRIMINAL LAW – Andrew West
- Covert Frustration of the Right to Silence – AM West
INDUSTRIAL LAW – Dr Kristy Richardson
- Workplace Health and Safety v Z Group Pty Ltd  QMC 12 – Kristy Richardson
In Part 1 of this article, (2017) 37 Qld Lawyer 26, the legal nature and creation of a road in Queensland was considered. While the common law remains relevant, statute has overtaken the common law in determining how a road may be created. As explored further in this Part 2, which considers the ownership and control of land in a road and the creation of private rights in respect of a road, statute can have a significant effect on how the law now treats a road. Part 3 of this article will consider the nature of the public’s right of use of a road, the idea of the “road in fact” and matters relating to closing a road.
BOOK REVIEWS – Judge Michael Shanahan DCJ
- Australian Dispute Resolution: Law and Practice (1st ed) by – Laurence Boulle and Rachel Field review by Alan Wrigley
- Corporate Governance by – John Farrar and Pamela Hanrahan review by Andrew Splatt
- The Trials of Justice Murphy by – Stephen Walmsley review by Marco Pedretti
REPORTS – Federal Circuit Court Judge Michael Jarrett
- Glasson v Toll Holdings Ltd (Procedure, Workers’ Compensation)
For the PDF version of the table of contents, click here: Qld Lawyer Vol 37 No 2 Contents.
For general queries, please contact: email@example.com.