Thomson Reuters and the General Editor of the Australian Intellectual Property Journal would like to announce a NEW Intellectual Property Law Graduate Essay Competition.
The entries will undergo review by a judging panel that includes the Honourable Justice Gummow AC and the winner will take home $1,000 and have their article published!
Who Can Enter?
Any person currently undertaking graduate law study or a person who has undertaken graduate law study any time since 1 January 2008.
What to write about?
Any topic relating to intellectual property.
Essays will be judged by three members of the Journal’s Advisory Board:
- the Honourable Mr Justice Gummow AC
- Ann Dufty, founding Editor of the Australian Intellectual Property Journal
- Associate Professor David Lindsay (Monash University)
The winner will be awarded a $1,000 cash prize from Thomson Reuters. The winning article, together with any other essays receiving a strong commendation from the judging panel, will also be published within a special Part of the Australian Intellectual Property Journal .
- Submissions should be approximately 5,000-10,000 words in length and be written in accord with the style guide at: http://sites.thomsonreuters.com.au/journals/submit-article/submission-requirements/.
- Entries are only valid if written by a person currently undertaking graduate law study or a person who has undertaken graduate law study any time since 1 January 2008 (graduate law study entails course work master of laws, course work graduate diploma in law, a law research higher degree or a juris doctor).
- The essay must be an original work that has not been previously published elsewhere.
Essays must be received by COB 30 November 2011.
The winner will be notified by email before 31 January 2012 and the article will be published in the first Part to publish in 2012.
How to Enter
Simply email your essay and a short bio to LTA.firstname.lastname@example.org and include “AIPJ Essay Competition” in the subject line.
If you have any questions, feel free to submit a comment below.